Wednesday 1 December 2010

Beachside


We  flew on a small plane to a city called Lamu and then on to Malindi where we picked up a taxi to the A Rocha centre. We went swimming in the Indian Ocean right after arriving. We eat rice, rice, rice, just rice. Rice for lunch, rice for dinner and toast for breakfast. But the monkeys are nice. We went snorkeling the next day in the morning and in the afternoon. There is a marine park, so we had to walk a long way down the road in the hot sun to get a permit to be able to get into the park. The second day, we hired a boat which came and picked us up on the beach in front of the study centre. I saw a shark, a turtle, fish, starfish, and corals. The first place we went to was on the main coral reef and was about 40 feet deep! I saw my favourite fish, an emporer angelfish. We saw a big anenome.

Our room is quite nice. We sleep under a mosquito net and it is boiling hot. There are lots of lizards here. Everyone here at the centre are very nice and I made a new friend. We played top trumps together. I have to wash dishes! Every morning there are monkeys outside and on our roof.



I also got stung by a jellyfish and have five minutes to live, goodbye.

2 comments:

  1. Bobby, I'm trying not to be jealous of your snorkeling, because I love to go snorkeling, too. But I am wondering about your favourite kind of fish, the emperor angelfish. On Google image search, I see some pictures that are labelled emperor angel fish that are stripey, and some that have wildly psychedelic-style circles and whorls. Are they really all emperor angelfish? What type did you see there?

    PS: After your jellyfish sting, I hope you are still alive to read this post and answer my question.

    ReplyDelete
  2. To Jeleta from Big Bob,
    The juvenile looks very different than the adult. So both are right :)

    Bob

    ReplyDelete