Wednesday 7 December 2011

Diving

Just returned from a great couple dives. Hard to believe it has been almost six years since my last dive. That was in Minicoy, Lakshadweep. So much has happened since then. Today went to a place within the park called Turtle Reef - didn't see any turtles on that dive, but did the next one. We are trying to map the biodiversity within the park and so I was keeping track of all the fish I saw. Eventually we will move on to all the other groups as well such as corals, snails and most excitingly worms. Second dive was very interesting. We went out into the area where fishing was allowed and seemed to me there was a noticeable lack of fish, but that is very subjective. Having said that, I saw a few favourite old friends like the coral grouper that I hadn't seen in a long time. Loads of soft coral.

Well, next dive probably in Miami in February.

No comments:

Post a Comment